TREAD Ladies Trail and Tea, presented by MiWayMTB, is an initiative aimed at making mountain biking more accessible to women! It’s an opportunity for women to ride without any ‘barriers’ and will cater for all levels of rider, from beginner to more serious.
“Unlike most men, who grew up riding bicycles, most women didn’t and lack the confidence to just get on a mountain bike and ride. Our Ladies Trail & Tea events are designed to remove any intimidation elements and make mountain biking fun for all women,” said Joanne Badenhorst, publisher of TREAD Magazine and founder of the Ladies Trail & Tea initiative.
Riders are arranged into groups according to skill and/or fitness levels and guided appropriately by experienced female riders. “As the name suggests, we always follow the ride, which is between 90 minutes and two hours in duration, with a social gathering that includes eats, drinks and a gift. Most women enjoy the social side of mountain biking and we ensure that is firmly in place at all our Trail & Tea events,” said Badenhorst.
TREAD Ladies Skills Clinics – first Wednesday of every month.
Upcoming 2011 rides: Wednesday, 5 October; 2 November; 7 December
- Time: 08h30 (ride starts, weather permitting)
- Meeting place: Fratelli Car Park, Conrad Drive, Blairgowrie, Johannesburg, Gauteng
- Cost: your time and energy!
- Space is limited! The maximum number of riders for the Ladies Trail & Tea is 16 and places are allocated on a first-come-first-served basis.
- Email email@example.com to book now!
- For booking and information on the Skills Clinics and Confidence Clinics, visit www.treadmag.co.za and click on the TREAD Skills tab.
- For booking and information on the Ladies Trail and Tea events, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Did you know?
In addition to the Ladies Trail & Tea events, TREAD also hosts TREAD Skills 101 Clinics, 201 clinics and a TREAD Confidence Clinics. These are held throughout the country at various intervals at a low cost. The Confidence Clinics are ideal for those new to mountain biking (male and female), while the 101 and 201 Clinics are aimed at improving the skills of those who have been riding mountain bikes for at least six months (male and female). Visit www.treadmag.co.za for more info!
Already a MiWay Client?
With MTB Rewards, did you know that you can get 50% discount off of the TREAD Skills Clinics? Click here for more info!