For those of you in and around Gauteng, we suggest you hit the Kyalami race track with your road bike or mountain bike for a quick-fit solution in preparation for any upcoming ride or race!
It’s close enough for those living and/or working around Kyalami, Midrand, Sunninghill, Paulshof, Pretoria and Lonehill. It’s safe and well organised, and guarantees a great workout no matter what your fitness level!
- Mondays and Thursday: from 16:30pm until 19:00pm
- Sundays: from 8am until 10:30am
These times are confirmed in the beginning of each week. See below in the “extra info” section where you can find these details.
- Mon – Thurs: R15 – R20 per person
- Sundays: R25
One lap is 4.3km and you may do as many laps as you want. They also spice things up by changing the riding direction every day or so. For those in the know, this means a nice 1-hill route or the meaner 2-hill route. Of course, you have to follow the direction they choose to avoid becoming a crash test dummy!
The track rules are simple
- No helmet = no ride
- Road bikes AND mountain bikes are welcome
- Slow riders must keep left
- Riders must ride in the direction of the day
- Respect and courtesy must be shown to everyone at all times
- Watch out for the runners – they also run around the track for training but always in the opposite direction of the cyclists
- You need a bike light so that you are visible to other riders after 18:00 (getting later every day… hello summer!)